There are at least 6 self-service bike repair stands in Chicago that we’ve run into. They’re all open to the public (for the most part). The bike stands offer an air pump and the hand tools you’ll need for most DIY repairs. They’re located here:
- Columbus Drive and Adams Street at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC) Columbus Building, in the bike parking area under the overhang, along Columbus Drive. (Dero)
- Whole Foods Lincoln Park, to the right of the bike parking area (Dero)
- Whole Foods South Loop, near the bike parking area (lower parking deck) (Dero)
- DePaul University quad, between Fullerton and Belden (both east-west streets) at Seminary (north-south street). It’s near the bike parking between The Pit and the library’s west entrance. (Dero)
- Ciclo Urbano/West Town Bikes – 2459 W Division. Photos.
- University of Chicago Bartlett Hall - 5640 S. University Ave (Dero). Photo.